Education, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Economics, Finance or similar field or equivalent experience required.
- Previous experience in data analysis, compiling statistical and quantitative data for presentation preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications – Excel, Access and Word.
- Knowledge of Medicare coverage rules and regulations, medical service coding, and medical terminology a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized and possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well and collaborate with others in a positive manner when under pressure.
- Create and maintain assigned projects and reports. Develop documentation per departmental policies and procedures which will enable others to understand specifics of process flow. Coordinate approval by Supervisor to ensure validity of data and meet deadlines.
- Apply logic and analytic skills to perform client analyses in response to specific business questions and able to communicate the findings, including methodology and estimated outcomes.
- Develop data as needed for various departments to meet requirements using appropriate software tools.
- Utilize internal management information system to obtain and analyze aggregate data for review purposes. Disseminate data reports in accordance with established timeframes at the direction of the Supervisor/Director of Medical Informatics to proper recipients.