Director Quality/Risk/IC(Job Number: 26450-6884)
Work Location: Kissimmee, Florida - Poinciana Medical Center
Poinciana Medical Center - Opened July 2013. Poinciana Medical Center is a two-story, 100,000 square foot building with 24 private medical-surgical beds and a six-bed ICU. In support of both inpatient and outpatient care, the facility will provide a full range of acute care services including emergency services, diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services.
The Director of Quality/ Risk Management/ Infection Control is responsible for the following:
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the organizational wide direction and facilitation of performance assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Quality/Performance Improvement program in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes, integrates, and interprets data to assist organization in its improvement efforts, and promote optimal patient outcomes. Works collaboratively with Senior Management to develop strategic quality initiatives.
- Leads organizational performance efforts for Joint Commission, core quality measures, COP and regulatory and all other accrediting and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance with JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for organizational wide occurrence reporting system; analyzes and reports trends and identifies appropriate interventions to reduce risk and liability to the organization.
- Develops and implements educational programs for employees, medical staff and board members on analysis of risk assessment, historical and concurrent occurrence and claims data and national trends.
- Facilitates and directs organizational wide risk management program to ensure compliance with statutory mandates, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards of professional organizations, i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, etc.
- Participates in and provides leadership for organizational disaster preparedness and patient safety initiatives.
- Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through measuring, monitoring and assessing risk management processes and systems.
- Acts as an active member of peer review committees; analyzes cases and outcome data and collaborates with physicians to promote and improve practice and optimal patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
For more information, please contact Case/Quality/Risk Management Recruiter Cynthia Dodd at 850-238-9360 or Cynthia.Dodd@hcahealthcare.com.
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN)
- Post Graduate Degree or Healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of hospital Quality leadership experience
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and Joint commission regulations
- Current Florida licensure as RN
- CIC preferred
- LHRM required
- CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) OR CHCQM (Diplomate in American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians) Individuals without CPHQ or ABQUARP will be granted a 12 month grace period to obtain.