The Director, Surgical Services is a key leadership position with oversight of all surgical services including Pre-Surgery, Pre-OP, PACU, the Pain Center, the Pediatric Procedure Room, the Operating Rooms and a staff of 300.
Specific areas of responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain an organizational structure that is compliant with regulatory standards and provide safe, effective, and efficient care to patients.
- Manage central processing and inventory to maintain high levels of OR functionality and efficiency.
- Uphold and deliver standards of nursing care while maintaining positive relationships with hospital departments and medical staff.
- Master the ability to work with surgeons to creatively understand and fulfill their needs while reducing cost.
- Interpret and disseminate information on hospital wide policies and programs and other pertinent information to the appropriate individuals.
- Develop strong relationships with Research teams.
- Support the hospital Performance Improvement philosophies through governance, clinical, and managerial functions and participate as an active member of hospital committees.
- Recruit and retain qualified staff and promote professional growth by actively contributing to the development of employees through delegation, supervision and education.
- Ability to analyze, develop and execute: Surgical Services annual Business plan, quarterly volume reports, O.R. records, monthly statistics, patient charges, incident reports, personnel records and payroll records.
- Utilization of Pro-Driver to analyze cost per procedure by service line.
- Ability to take department through an extensive renovation of existing OR suites as part of an overall expansion to a 24 OR Suite to include intra-operative MRI.
The ideal candidate will be broadly experienced in Operating Room leadership and business development. Key requirements include a Master's degree prepared Registered Nurse or willingness to obtain a master's degree with a minimum of 5 years OR leadership experience in a large OR setting. Experience in business development, budgeting, and performance improvement is essential.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to:
EVP, Managing Principal
Cejka Executive Search
4 City Place Dr., Ste. 300
St. Louis, MO 63141
Internal Number: MSP 154377