Baptist Hospital of Miami has set the standards for quality care for the people of South Florida and beyond for more than 50 years and was the first hospital in Florida to achieve Magnet status for excellence in nursing. The hospital attained its 4th Magnet re-designation in 2012. The 680-bed facility with 18 OR suites has a busy and diverse surgical service with over 14,000 cases per year averaging 40 cases daily. To accommodate growth, Surgical Services is expanding to 24 OR suites to include intra-operative MRI in early 2015.
The Director, Surgical Services is a key leadership position with oversight of all surgical services including Pre-Surgery, Pre-OP, PACU, the Pain Center, the Pediatric Procedure Room, the Operating Rooms and a staff of 300.
Specific areas of responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain an organizational structure that is compliant with regulatory standards and provide safe, effective, and efficient care to patients.
- Manage central processing and inventory to maintain high levels of OR functionality and efficiency.
- Uphold and deliver standards of nursing care while maintaining positive relationships with hospital departments and medical staff.
- Master the ability to work with surgeons to creatively understand and fulfill their needs while reducing cost.
- Interpret and disseminate information on hospital wide policies and programs and other pertinent information to the appropriate individuals.
- Develop strong relationships with Research teams.
- Support the hospital Performance Improvement philosophies through governance, clinical, and managerial functions and participate as an active member of hospital committees.
- Recruit and retain qualified staff and promote professional growth by actively contributing to the development of employees through delegation, supervision and education.
- Ability to analyze, develop and execute: Surgical Services annual Business plan, quarterly volume reports, O.R. records, monthly statistics, patient charges, incident reports, personnel records and payroll records.
- Utilization of Pro-Driver to analyze cost per procedure by service line.
- Ability to take department through an extensive renovation of existing OR suites as part of an overall expansion to a 24 OR Suite to include intra-operative MRI.
The ideal candidate will be broadly experienced in Operating Room leadership and business development. Key requirements include a Master's degree prepared Registered Nurse or willingness to obtain a master's degree with a minimum of 5 years OR leadership experience in a large OR setting. Experience in business development, budgeting, and performance improvement is essential.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to:
EVP, Managing Principal
Cejka Executive Search
4 City Place Dr., Ste. 300
St. Louis, MO 63141
Internal Number: MSP 154377