The Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, is seeking a full-time Pediatric Clinical Manager to oversee all clinical sites within the department.
This position is primarily based out of our main departmental site on Davis Island in Tampa, FL. Some travel between the clinical sites is required. The Clinical Manager is responsible for:
- Directing, planning and coordinating the daily activities of the nursing and clinical support staff ensuring proper coverage in all areas and to ensure delivery of quality, safe and compassionate patient care and compliance with standards or regulatory agencies.
- Obtains and analyzes department work load data to assist in planning and scheduling daily nursing and clinical support staff to meet the needs of each location.
- Ensures adequate level of staffing by interviewing, recommending hiring of, orienting, training nursing staff and follow procedures for disciplinary actions, addressing problems and complaints.
- Evaluates the performance of staff in conjunction with physician and department personnel.
- Ensures locations are compliant with OSHA and all agencies regulations.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Florida License as Registered Professional Nurse.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- BLS / AED, PALS, ACLS certification required.
- A minimum of 7 years adult/pediatric nursing experience and 3 years management experience is required.
- Knowledge of current and established nursing concepts, principles and practices throughout all areas of Pediatric patient care.
- Cultural competency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; good analytical, logical, and reasoning skills; excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and redirect workload quickly.
- Strong computer aptitude and knowledge demonstrated.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
Nurse Practitioner candidates may be considered, and are welcome to apply.
The University of South Florida Department of Pediatrics has over 500 faculty, staff, and residents dedicated to caring for and improving the health of children. Our mission is to be stewards of our community's most vulnerable and important resource - our children. We accomplish this by: - Providing primary and specialty care for infants, children and adolescents - Developing treatments and cures for pediatric diseases through research - Advancing children’s issues through advocacy and community engagement - Training future pediatricians and healthcare providers.
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable
Internal Number: 20141040