The brand new state of the art Healthsouth Ocala rehabilitation hospital will include 40 all-private rooms, a spacious, on-site therapy gym and cutting-edge rehabilitation technologies. With 81,000 residents over the age of 65, Marion County is the largest county in Florida that currently doesn't have access to inpatient rehabilitation-a number that is expected to grow at a rate of 18 percent, faster than any other county in Florida. There is limited access to inpatient rehabilitative services in the area. This new hospital will ensure that residents have appropriate and reasonable access to the latest rehabilitative treatment and technology in a hospital setting. HealthSouth currently operates nine inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and one long-term acute care hospital in Florida.
PM&R Physician will establish a private practice to include a caseload of medically complex inpatient rehabilitation patients and an outpatient rehabilitation practice if he or she chooses. The Physiatrist will set up a relationship with an independent billing company and retain 100% of his/her own billing and collections. Healthsouth hospitals are extremely busy with high patient volumes - HealthSouth has its own well-trained outreach teams that identify appropriate inpatient rehabilitation candidates from surrounding areas.
- MD or DO with state medical license or willingness to obtain state license
- Board certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Patient-centered commitment to excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Hospital-based physiatry experience preferred but not required
- Interest in being a part of a thriving community
WHY SET UP A PRACTICE AT A HEALTHSOUTH HOSPITAL?
- High Income potential
- High patient volumes
- State of the art equipment
- Freedom to run your own practice
- Professional fulfillment through gratifying patient mix
- Team atmosphere with full-time employed therapists and nurses
- Physician-friendly hospital executives and collegial environment
- Corporate support to facilitate available resources for regulatory compliance
- Opportunities for hospital-based rental of office space and clinical space
- Contractual opportunities for medical directors and program directors
- Family-friendly locations around the country
- Reasonable call schedule shared with other physicians
- Income support available in certain locations
HEALTHSOUTH IS REHABILITATION EXCELLENCE, COAST TO COAST
As one of the nation's largest healthcare providers specializing in rehabilitation, HealthSouth's priority is to deliver high quality patient care. Our team of experts has extensive experience in today's most advanced therapeutic methods and technologies.
HealthSouth is convenient to nearly everyone, with specialized rehabilitation hospitals in 27 states and Puerto Rico. With thousands of employees innovating specialized care across the country, we provide the best technologies and treatment through our network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation satellite clinics and home health agencies. All that experience comes together for real-world, outcomes-based rehabilitation success, coast to coast. EOE.
Internal Number: Ocala