Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Sector: Correctional Health/Medicine
Discipline: General Nursing
Preferred Education: RN
Key Performance Areas:
1. Safely and accurately mix and administer chemotherapeutic agents to patients.
2. Responsible for ongoing patient assessment.
3. Documentation: Thorough and accurate documentation in OncoEMR of treatment rendered to patients.
4. Educate patients and (when appropriate), family about medications, side effects and planned treatment course. Interact with patient and family in a caring, professional manner.
5. Telephone triage: Includes prioritizing incoming calls and messages from patients, family members, hospitals, nursing facilities, pharmacies and physician offices from emergent to non-urgent. Must respond accordingly in an appropriate time frame.
6. Meetings: Attend annual Safety/OSHA training meetings. Attend all mandatory staff meeting as necessary.
7. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all patient and employee information at all times.
Essential Mental Requirements:
• Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
• Ability to process verbal information and input this information into computer system.
• Ability to follow complex instructions.
• Ability to master complex math skills.
• Ability to think logically in following procedures, instructions and make decisions.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills:
• Ability to enter and retrieve data from computer.
• Ability to operate modern office business machinery.
• Ability to operate phone system.
Essential Sensory Requirements:
• Ability to converse in a calm and friendly manner.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, patients and physicians.
Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Florida, with experience in IV therapy. Experience with hematology/oncology patients is required. Ability to assess patient needs and condition is essential. Must have strong critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Fluency in the English language with excellent oral and written communication skills is required. Fluency in the Spanish language is preferred.
Internal Number: OCN1