Type: Full Time - Experienced
Sector: Hospital, Public and Private
Discipline: General Nursing
Required Education: RN
Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire an Fracture Care Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largestEmergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Our specialty Progressive Care Units care for a diverse patient population and include: 17-bed PCU, 53-bed Multisystem PCU, 21-bed Surgical PCU, 18-bed Transplant PCU, 32-bed Medical Surgical PCU, 32-bed Clinical Transition Unit, and Fracture Care Center.
Full-Time, Days: 7am-7pm
The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge Skills, Education & Experience Required:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- If certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- And AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements. If certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained by 90 day evaluation.
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- For all job classes except GRN and R120, unit related experience is required for unit placement
- EKG, ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
- Graduate professional nurses who do not have an authorization to test (seating pass) will have a limited scope of practice as outlined in GN orientation
- Professional certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as need. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn, teach and advance nursing skills.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Fracture Care Registered Nurse opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Additional Salary Information: 10k Sign-on Bonus
Internal Number: 181045