Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Sector: Hospital, Public and Private
Discipline: General Nursing
St. Petersburg General is seeking dynamic Registered Nurses to join our Critical Care Team!
Founded in 1969, St. Petersburg General Hospital is a 219-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County. Enjoy working only minutes away from the beautiful beaches of St. Petersburg, Florida. St. Pete General is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
SPGH is committed to ensuring our patients have access to the highest levels of critical care available. Our Intensive Care unit (ICU) is a 21-bed Medical/Surgical Intensive Care unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve.
- Skill Mix: RNs,
- Major Equipment Used: Phillips Monitoring equipment, IV pumps, SCD machines, feeding pumps, CRRT, PACS, Accucheck machines, Omnicell, Standard Critical Care Equipment
- Special Certifications Needed: ACLS, BLS
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Formal Critical Care training class in the past preferred
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0645-1915, 1845-0715); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend
- Dress code: Royal Blue professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for patient assessment and care documentation, , Clinical Monitoring Interface, Iatrics Visual Flowsheet
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients
- Lifting Equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
At HCA West and Central Florida’s 15 hospitals we’re not just caregivers, we’re devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we’re on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
Previous experience in an acute care, critical care setting strongly preferred
Prior completion of critical care course strongly preferred
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license required
BLS, ACLS required