Position Title: ReadingPals Coordinator Date: May 2015
Reports to: Rita Dopp, Executive Director, United Way of Suwannee Valley
Purpose of Position: To serve as the coordinator for the ReadingPals program which requires the cultivation of volunteer tutors to enhance literacy skills for kindergarten students, collaboration with the school districts on the procurement of supplemental classroom curriculum and the purchase of take-home books for children.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Cultivate active ReadingPals volunteers.
- Recruit volunteer tutors through various viable recruitment strategies, including but not limited to United Way workplace campaign contacts, parent teacher organizations, civic organizations, the faith community, etc.
- Generate ReadingPals promotional pieces for distribution for volunteer recruitment.
- Promote ReadingPals through traditional media and incorporate ReadingPals into the United Way of Suwannee Valley social media, including the website, Twitter, Facebook, and UWSV newsletters generated through Constant Contact.
- Collaborate with the Women’s Leadership Council to cultivate volunteer tutors from among the Women’s Leadership Council and its members’ spheres of influence, to cultivate additional community resources, and to participate in planning and implementing ReadingPals volunteer events.
- Ensure the fulfillment of the grant requirements relative to volunteer recruitment, screening, and placement; recognition events; student and volunteer participation tracking and reporting.
- Perform related tasks as required and assigned by the United Way.
- Demonstrate commitment to the United Way Code of Conduct in all interactions with constituents.
Executive Director, Administrative Assistant and Campaign Coordinator, United Way of Suwannee Valley
External: General public, volunteers, school district personnel, vendors
Internal: Reports to Executive Director, UWSV; interacts with UWSV staff and volunteers
Position Requirements: (i.e., education, certification/licensure, experience, personal/professional skills and talents, etc.)
· BA degree or comparable work experience.
· Minimum of two years related work experience
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Proficient in the use of computer equipment/programs.
· Ability to use good judgment and assessment techniques.
· Good interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining rapport and effective working relationship with internal and external contacts including the general public, volunteers and staff at all levels so as to represent the United Way in all segments of society.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Please refer any interested candidates to Jayne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jayne will secure resumes and conduct initial application screening.